Monday, June 4, 2018

iphone shots from mine and my friends...

 should start my day but thought I'd drop in a few from this weekend.  as you can see we had just terrible, awful weather....haha.  some of these are shots i took with my iphone, others are from my friends phones.  sunset night one beautiful.  night two we were beat and just headed to bed...the sun doesn't actually start to set until close to midnight at this point.
 me out on the water. it's been awhile and i still have just a bit of the pleuritic pain...which kicked in more if i had to make turns or dig in to the water with my paddle.  thankfully, the water was mostly beautiful and a gentle paddle so a little ibuprofen did great overall.
 this was home for two nights and three days.  these yurts are rented out in the summers.  it can be tough to get one as, like the cabins, they book up quickly. thank you to JM and SH for planning trip and including me.  thanks also to CM for taking care of the pups for me so i could have a worry free weekend. 
 chilling on the kayak before we head out on day two.kayaks are great places to nap on the beach
 we stopped at a little beach for lunch....there were lots of cool tidal creatures to look at.  we didn't see much for sea stars but these huge rocks had big barnacles and in between the barnacles you could see these tiny sea stars.  fun to hunt for them on the rocks.
 me again out there enjoying the scenery
 with MO and SH. exploring
 JM takes her turn napping in a kayak.
 our beach in front of the kayak.  great place to have the campfire
 a little free library in Homer.
 friends came and joined us for a day paddle.  lots of Anchorage friends were apparently enjoying Homer this weekend.  couldn't beat the weather. 
 this chess/checker  board on the spit in Homer....so cute.
 elephant rock.  me in front of it.
 me out on the water.
 a piece of driftwood turned into a whale.  very cool looking and they even included the barnacles on the face. this is where we ate breakfast upon returning to Homer on Sunday...breakfast all day, thankfully!
 it was Bob's Birthday so a "cake" was secretly purchased and created on the beach.  we bought big cookies and frosting in Soldotna and then JM layered it up for a beach surprise.  we passed it around!  tasty.  i think Bob approved!
 back at our beach.
 MO brought some bubbles to entertain us all.
 another group shot.  bob wore the flamingo glasses in protest but obliged our silliness.
 another of me and JM in front of elephant head rock.
 another tiny sea star find.
 me on the dock after hauling boats and gear up the ramp at low tide.  haha.
 an evening campfire before the O's got picked up
 the cooking scene...below is the chess board. i better get moving.  still all the camera pictures to look through...the dogs were beyond excited to see me. i have new scratches from Ivy raining down on me in excited exuberance.  Tusker was very snuggly all evening. unpacking and showering had to wait. need to get them out for a nice long walk today.  was debating Valdez...may just do a drive...see where the weather takes me.
thankful for: A.  beautiful weather and calm seas  B.  great friends to share these times with C.  the beauty that has been created for us to refill our souls. may we keep and protect it for those of future generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment