Thursday, December 21, 2017

so my Dad visited me last night...

 i realize two posts in one day is unusual..
 but my Dad passed away years ago so having him visit is always a big deal.
 I'm sure this happens to people all the time.  i suspect there are often times when i have a memory of my parents or a friend or other relative.  at these times i often suspect that person is with me as it were.
 i believe souls have the ability to come and go and that we all have "guardian angels" watching over us.  those are loved ones who have crossed over. 
 these are all the iphone pics from yesterday. 
 so last night i just couldn't get to sleep.  i kept tossing and turning.  worried about the state of our nation.  this went on and on. i debated getting up and taking a benedryl or something just to knock myself out, but i hoped i would just fall asleep. I'm not someone who usually has trouble sleeping.
 sometime around 4 am i tossed to my left side and there was my Dad.
 there were no words.  he was just there, a presence.  it was comforting. 
 just as quickly as he arrived he was gone again. 
after that i fell into a deep and peaceful sleep. 
 was i awake?  was i asleep. it can be hard to tell.  i think there are those times that bridge sleep and wake when it isn't clear.
 a few favorites of Ivy Rose.
 i am not more spiritual or more deserving of a visit such as this.  i suspect drug addicts living on the street get more visits from past loved ones simply because they are trying to help them. 
 for me, it just happened.  perhaps, these events happen more often than we know and we just are not aware of them really.  maybe we are given that sense of calm and peace as we sleep.  that our loved one slip in and out of our dreams and we have forgotten the details when we awaken...that perhaps we just wake with a sense of calm.
 so believe or not...it matters not to me. for me i am grateful that my Father stopped by to bring me peace when i was restless and anxious.
 it is solstice, our shortest day.  i start back to work tonight so I'm off to walk soon before the light is gone.
 just wanted to share this and allow others to contemplate times when their loved ones have returned to bring them a sense of peace and calm.
 loved all these ice bridges. fun trying to get photos and they seemed to fit in with a bridge between here and beyond.
 oddly, the pictures of these tend to come out better with the iphone than the rebel.

 another favorite ice bridge picture.
 my father and i did not speak a great deal about things so it really wasn't unusual to me that he'd just be there.  we often didn't see eye to eye growing up...i do feel that as an adult we seemed to have begun to understand each other. 
 in the end, i believed he saw i was happy and that brought him his own peace and calm.
 Ivy investigates the ice.
 my parents are welcome to stop by anytime they want.  not a spooking or creepy thing....just peaceful and welcome.
 chatted with my sister.  she has a lot on her plate this week.  let her know of my visit.  always great chatting about things with her.  used to speak to my mom nearly every day and i do miss that. 
 quite the sunset last night.
 not sure it will be quite so grand tonight...well, in a few minutes. 

 thanks KR for taking a few pics of me with the pups
 it really was beautiful.  hard to toss any of these pics out.  the pups are just so dang cute in the sun

 just a quick note...
grateful for moments when our worlds collide, if even for a moment.  thanks Dad, come anytime. i hope you join me in a few walks...i know how much you enjoy the beauty of nature. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the visits - it is a presence, a feeling and a comfort. I often thank them out loud for their visit. And yes I agree they happen more often than we recognize. Brings me peace to I ow they are there

    ReplyDelete