Wednesday, November 8, 2017

back yard aurora show

 i was up in the wee hours of the night.  went outside, mostly to help me breath, but the lights were out so i figured I'd snap a few shots anyway.
 it was a strange night.  at Kaladi's i started to cough yesterday and it just never stopped.  last night i sounded like  i was speaking in  a tunnel.  my airway seemed to be closed up a bit.  eventually i hit the inhalers.  I'm starting to suspect it may have been a bit of an allergy?  i wasn't breathing through a straw but it wasn't my normal airway either.  i couldn't find any benadryl in the middle of the night.  i did finally manage some sleep and found some benadryl early this morning. 
 i was out until after 2pm but my breathing was much better by then. 
 i did manage to get ready for a walk but then it just sounded like too much so i just threw the tennis ball out back for the dogs and headed back to bed.  our bodies are strange.  no idea.  the breathing was making me a bit nervous last night, but it did mean i got to watch this lovely Anchorage light show.  supposed to be pretty decent again tonight.  still tired so i doubt I'll head out any place though it is tempting. 
 not my best week.  haha.  great to have my airway feeling normal again.  still coughing, but that at least is more normal.
 we shall see what tomorrow brings. 
 so a short post just to show off my pretty lousy aurora shots.  i have  not really bothered to hone my aurora skills.  there are some amazing photo's out there though.  fun to check online and see what folks come up with.  I'm usually pretty happy just to watch them from home...go inside and warm up on occasion. 
 it's been in the 20's during the day.  feel bad that the dogs missed their walk today.  it's not been their best week either...they suffer when i don't feel great. they honestly don't appear to be suffering much though.  they are pretty easy to please and were happy with yard play time and tennis ball chasing. 
 gave me a chance to fill the bird feeders and pick up the yard.  between naps and such they got a few hours of tennis ball time...not too shabby. 
 not sure what i may have been allergic too.  maybe it was just an asthma things.  i rarely actually have it escalate like that though.  felt like croup.  the upper airway spasms freaked me out a bit.  deep breathing outside in the cold air seemed to help a bit.  they were saying in the ER class that often kids breathing may improve temporarily when they go in the cold night air to bring them in....
 anyway...enjoy my lousy aurora pics.  it was fun for me to watch anyway.  it was all across the sky...imagine how great it was away from the city lights. 
thankful for:  A.  random aurora shows in my back yard  B.   some basic skills for taking pics, thanks Karen, C.  pups who are tolerant when i am under the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment