Sunday, November 12, 2017

need to get a life i guess....

 i have written 1500 blog posts.  not sure if i should be embarrassed by this or excited.  i could have written a few novels with the time I've spent here.  it's good for my soul and my heart and mind.  my brain would otherwise ruminate over many of the silly stuff i write in here and that isn't good for anyone. better to just clear the head by writing and move forward.  my friend MT pointed out an orb in the video i posted today of the pups playing in the sunlight.  I'm sure it's a reflection of the sun but i like to think Blossom is visiting us as it is nearly a year since we lost her.  always like to think that our past family and pets wander near us from time to time.  this orb is my physical reminder of that.  the one above even has a heart around it. 
 lots of tennis ball tossing out the back door this week.  was mostly tired and coughing and sinus stuff.  slept a lot. called out 2 nights.  at one point they did not return with the tennis ball.  i saw in the morning why...not sure what the odds are of ever doing this twice.  quite the throw.  many tosses later i never hit it down.  I'm sure i could get it down if i put some effort in...next good snow or wind will take care of it.
 i did manage one night of work this week.  still coughing.  my poor co-workers and patients had to listen to me coughing all night.  did wake up feeling better though and my head is no longer foggy.  always helpful when you are trying to keep people alive. 
 today we hit the dog park.  we took our time, visited with regular dog park friends and got loads of tennis ball tossing in.  i like to take a loop outside the park out to bike paths to practice training with the pups.  they have fun, it's longer and they get some training with staying as people pass by.  it impresses the heck out of people so that is good...especially when some days can be frustrating.  loads of celebration this morning as Ivy didn't jump on me when i got home...or it wasn't as much of a battle anyway keeping her down.  much screaming in excitement which didn't cause her to jump. trying to get sit and high fives from her instead.
 my throwing arm is improving...although randomly last night my forearm went into spasm mode i guess.  it is now swollen and some bruising.  i suspect it is a combo of the damage from the leash pulling on my forearm wrist and maybe just muscles being out of whack overall.  not really sure honestly, i mean it has been a week.  i had done nothing strenuous at work that night and had just left a room when it seemed to spasm....so back to ibuprofen and ice. 
 after the dog park i headed up to Basher trail head. that is my go to place when i see a great sunset happening but don't have time to drive downtown or out of town.  it's close to home, a quick walk and great views.  of course, i had to do to the quick walk twice in double time or i would have had better pictures.  my better camera battery was dead and silly me discovered i had been charging my phone in the car...so i had to run back and get it.  the dogs got loads more running in and ball chasing.  they are currently wiped out.  success!!  maybe their visit with Blossom was draining as well.  :-) 
 hit the pet store for supplies and headed home. 
 totally laid back dog here. 
 i just had the Round Island pictures to load onto my shutterfly page.  every year i load all my pictures there, it does take time and today it was frustrating. i think i was just trying to click them over too fast.  it kept just suddenly copying pictures...then I'd have to delete those and start over.   so it went slow.  i think i had really just been trying to click too fast. 
 just finished work on this years annual calendar.  didn't order anything. i like to wait a day and look at it again and finalize...then i will order.  looks like deal time on shutterfly if i get my order in my tomorrow night.  hopefully, i can get my Christmas cards ordered as well. above is Ivy opting to sit as me this morning i think? or was it yesterday.  she decided it was time to wake up.
 yes, i guess it's getting to be that time of year again.  i haven't even begun making my list to check it twice.  i work Thanksgiving and New Years this year.
 hit grocery store for supplies yesterday and ended up getting a free turkey. that thing was big!!  thankfully it's winter here so no problem storing that bird out in the back yard.  it was a really big turkey though so i decided to give it away.  i wasn't going to turn down the free bird though.  buying pet supplies can sometimes get me close to the $100 needed to get a free turkey.  no room in my fridge/freezer and that is too much bird. it did find a good home with dog park friends who are planning to host military who have no family here.  as it's Veterans Day that seemed like a natural solution.  ran into them at the dog park today and they were really excited...and surprised at the size...should easily feed them and some friends. 
 the light just drew me in today. we stopped here and took lots of pictures...well i took pictures, they just ran around chasing the tennis ball
 it is fun cruising through all the pictures from the past year.  amazing how much gets packed into a year.  so many fun memories. beautiful places and wildlife encounters.
 nice driving around on my winter tires. i for sure feel safer and more ready to explore this winter world. 
 forecast is looking mostly clear with temps in the 20's-30's.  i must have adapted to winter pretty well. it was in the 20's out there today i didn't even need a winter hat.  of course, it changes pretty fast once the sun goes down
 and it's going down much earlier now. 
 sunrise at 9am and sunset around 4:30pm.  we will lose around 5 minutes a day until Solstice.
 made some turkey noodle soup.  i may need to grab a bowl of that before i crash for the night. 
 thankfully, my pups are pretty adapted to my odd hours.
 they just want their walks. they were chill this week though despite me sleeping more and playing less. hopefully, we get back to our routine more.  we all love the walking.  i have walked at least 6/7 days per week for over 20 years.  I'm sure that averages out.  i skip a day here and there and walk way more than the average 2-5 miles in other days. this was not my best walking week. 
 I'm sure you are all disappointed that i have no rant today.  plenty of rants out there, but some days i am rant free. 
 the pups are generally found bearded this time of year.
 that is the family...did get to chat with my niece this afternoon...always fun to connect with family.  my sister and i chatted yesterday...i think it was yesterday.  ok, perhaps my brain fog hasn't totally cleared up.  last night was steady in the PCU.  we all got through it.  the co-worker i had last night turns out to be a big fan of walrus.  so we had lots to talk about. haha.
grateful for:  A.  free turkeys that find good homes.  B. Veterans and current military. i only read about the things they experience and it scares me...the little i can gain that way.  for all those who do what all of us don't...thanks.  i promise to try to hold our leaders accountable to take care of the veterans of our nation with respect and efficiency.  C.  a little orb that made me smile extra today.  Blossom...is that you?  we miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment