Sunday, May 3, 2020

headed to Homer for a few days...

 packing to head to Homer.  thought i'd toss in a few photos from last weeks. 
 me getting prepped to do a covid swab.  haven't had to use my mask very much, which is a comfort.  everyone has their paper bags with their reusable covid gear.  the mask is in a tupperware type container so you can do what you can to protect the inside.
 my niece is on 2 months with her mask.
 the weather has been beautiful.  trying to decide if i leave the dog door open for the cat but keep the run closed. hopefully, he doesn't figure a way out of that while i'm away.  so far he's been keeping in the yard...but will that change when we are away?
 quite in love with this new feline in my life
 we will probably stop here for the dogs on the way...along with several other stops to keep the dogs entertained.
 just spoke to my brother.  he wasn't in on the call. so good to catch up.
 texting my niece now.  great to have a few in medicine to chat with.  others just have no idea what is going on.  the news on the right is tilted to paint a rosy picture of it all.
 these guys will have a fun few days playing at the beach
 it will be good for my soul as well. i know i'll be a bit anxious. 
 exploring the big world and not having my little safe haven to return to.
i'll take my anti anxiety meds though i haven't needed it.  sometimes just having that available is enough.
 i've seen that with patients.  they are freaking about pain and pain meds but as soon as you go through the bother of getting them a patient controlled machine they never touch it.  all they really needed was to know they could control it.
 i wore some funky glasses the other morning to give those coming in to work a laugh to start their day. i was sure i'd get written up for being unprofessional but my boss came by and laughed.
 so i'm probably safe.
 the happy covid cat. 
 the good thing is that i do think my other kitty is being positively impacted by his presence.  he's so confident and moves around the place with no concern for the dogs and what they are up to
 just have to load the car.  pretty much packed.  dog food and bed and extra tennis balls, of course,

 more moose poop art.
 hopefully, i find some beautiful scenery and sea stars to share when i return.
thankful for: A. those who get me, accept me and respect me B. the ability to have a little escape to Homer  C. my furs...i'll miss the kitties though.

No comments:

Post a Comment